Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sunny Days, Surprise Parties & Football Matches

The past few days haven't been very exciting.  I have mostly just been preparing for Mama, Bear, & Olivia to come visit.  Also I have been sitting outside every day with my friend Angelina. The weather here is becoming really nice.  We just sit outside at the bench and table for about an hour everyday.  I think it is perfect weather out for shorts and a tshirt but these crazy Italians do not agree.  Today I wore a skirt, tshirt, and sandals and the people looked at me like a freak.  It is about 70 degrees out and they are wearing cold weather winter snow coats.  They are nuts! The most exciting thing I have done this week is go to a surprise birthday party.  Eleni, one of my Greek friends, had a birthday this week so we threw a party for her at a bar we frequent quite often.  There were about fifteen of us there.  The bar has a downstairs area underground so we all hid there.  It was fun.  Also I finally had a margarita here since I am going through margarita withdraw.  Definitely not as good as Ponce's though.  I miss Ponce's soooooooooo much.  Burritos & Margaritas.  I would kill for them right now! But the rest of the party was nice.  Other than that nothing to exciting.  Today I went to the big store Bennet.  It is kind of like a Walmart.  I went to go look for an air mattress for when I have visitors but I guess Italians don't understand the concept of an air mattress.  Their "air mattress" is actually the size of a crib mattress.  Not portable AT ALL.  It is in a huge box and does not compact.  I have no clue who decided to call this thing an air mattress but it is definitely not an air mattress.  After going to Bennet I went to eat at the mensa.  I had a pizza.  That is one thing that is nice about the mensa.  They will make you a fresh pizza with grilled vegetables.  They roll out the dough in front of you and everything.  After the mensa  I got to experience watching real Italian "football" (soccer) game.  There was a big game Milano vs.  Barcelona.  It was more entertaining to be around the viewers than to watch the actual game.  A bunch of crazy Italians/other exchange students screaming at the t.v.  See in Italy, many, many people bet on soccer therefore they have more at stake than pure pleasure of watching their favorite team play.  Thus every moment of the soccer game counts.  Anyways, it was entertaining watching everyone scream at the tv like crazy people.  Now I will go to bed because tomorrow I am going to Brescia!  I am going there because my friend is picking up a car for business and I get to drive the car back.  I am sooooo excitied to drive.  I am going to drive some sort of Audi on a drive about the same distance as San Diego to L.A.  Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment